Surprise Lullaby Layette!

Luallaby Layette from Oliver + S in Riley Blake Designs knit sewn by The Inspired Wren -- got all that?

I have an announcement...

I LOVE the Lullaby Layette from Oliver + S and I'm sad to give it away -- but ain't no one in this house ever gonna' fit in that.

I've been itching to make the O+S Lullaby Layette since it first came out. I finally found a reason thanks to a friend's baby shower. Sadly I had to cancel my attendance due to snow -- so the super soft, super cozy, super give-me-a-baby-to-cuddle-right-now adorableness is still a wrapped gift in my home. (If you're reading this -- Surprise, Sammy!) I'll be handing it off to the mom-to-be next week, in the meantime let me show you the details.


Fabulous reversible jacket -- love the navy & lime | Luallaby Layette from Oliver + S in Riley Blake Designs knit sewn by The Inspired Wren

The parents have decided to keep the baby's gender a surprise. I had just enough of the Riley Blake Designs jersey knit left over to eke out one pair of itty bitty baby pants (size 3-6 months) and one reversible jacket. I thought I would love the green side out, but now that it's complete I honestly can't decide which way I prefer the jacket. Either way, I love the navy and lime combo for a boy or a girl (clearly).


Check out those teeny tiny pockets. I didn't have enough fabric to match the pattern from the green to the blue, but I'm okay with that because they are too darling to notice.

Great color combo for a gender surprise baby! | Luallaby Layette from Oliver + S in Riley Blake Designs knit sewn by The Inspired Wren


And and AND...those SNAPS! Those tiny turtle snaps of adorableness! They're killing me.

Tiny turtle from Babyville Boutique | Luallaby Layette from Oliver + S in Riley Blake Designs knit sewn by The Inspired Wren
Aack! Look at the wee little turtle snap! 
But what I can't convey in the pictures is how soft and lovely and cuddly this set is in the jersey knit. Seriously, someone give me a kid to cuddle already!

Pattern

Jacket and Pants: Lullaby Layette by Oliver + S, size 3-6 months

Fabric & Notions

Fabric: Jersey Knit in Quatrefoil Navy and  Quatrefoil Lime (Riley Blake Designs)
Snaps: Babyville Boutique (Joann Fabrics)

Note

I'm a little worried about the snaps on the Jersey; even with interfacing behind them they pull an awful lot more than I'd like to see. 

Love

The way this reversible jacket comes together is magic -- knocked my socks off. But I wouldn't expect anything less from Oliver + S.
Great color combo for a gender surprise baby! | Luallaby Layette from Oliver + S in Riley Blake Designs knit sewn by The Inspired Wren




Ren Murphy writes for The Inspired Wren.



___________________________________________________
   
You should really see all that goes into each project!
From my marathon sewing sessions, to all that I do when I #shouldhavebeensewing catch daily updates on Instagram (and Flickr) of works-in-progress. Get that behind the scenes view you’re looking for, and sneak peeks of upcoming tutorials, too.
___________________________________________________

The Inspired Wren is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.